Tony Veliz is teaching the WA State Housing Finance Homebuyer education course. This is a required course for participation in 3% down Home Advantage programs and down payment assistance too (zero down program). Prospective buyers will be prepped and primed on credit, home buying purchasing power, mortgage insurance, closing costs and more.
Clients must attend both sessions: Wednesday, October 29th, 6pm to 9pm and Wednesday, Nov 5th, 5:30pm to 8:30pm at Windermere Greenwood, 311 N 85th, Seattle 98103 for your one year certification. Please call to register at 206 261 1196 as seating for this course is limited to 25.
Through local partnerships, the Commission helps homebuyers learn how to purchase and maintain a home. Commission-sponsored homebuyer education seminars are the first step in purchasing a home. They are free and open to the public, include information about the Commission’s first mortgage programs, down payment assistance, and other loan programs; and are accepted by all affordable housing loan programs as meeting or exceeding educational requirements.
INSTRUCTORS HAVE ATTENDED TRAINING AND AGREED TO STANDARDS WHICH ASSURE THAT:
- Seminars are at least five hours in length, covering all major aspects of the home buying process
- Seminars are presented in an open, unbiased format
- Seminars use approved training materials and handouts
- Seminars are offered by professionals who have attended the Commission’s instructor training
- No direct marketing or sales presentations may be given either by the instructor or any guest speakers
- Guide To Home Loans workbook is provided by the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions.
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SEMINARS
If you will be using any of the Commission’s programs to purchase your home, you must complete the seminar before your loan officer can lock in your interest rate. Many people find they gain enough information at the seminar to successfully locate and finance a home of their own. Others may find they need additional assistance. Contact us with questions at askusHO@wshfc.org. or visit http://www.wshfc.org/buyers/education.htm
Tony Veliz | NMLS ID# 754597
Branch Manager/Mortgage Consultant
WMS Series LLC/Oak Tree
311 N 85th Street | Seattle, WA 98103
Phone 206.528.3787 | Fax 206.528.3785 | Cell 206.261.1196